Originally hailing from the South, I love BBQ! If it’s too hot in your kitchen this summer to cook, just use the slow cooker.
When you say Southern BBQ most people automatically think about pork. However, chicken can also make an awesomely delicious BBQ sandwich. The slow cooker is perfect for cooking BBQ, as the key cooking phrase of anyone versed in BBQ is “Low and Slow”, which is exactly what the slow cooker does.
Here is the recipe for cooking delicious slow cooker BBQ chicken, and also some dessert ideas.
- 4 Boneless/skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (18 Ounce) bottle of BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray’s or Stubbs, personally)
- 1/4 Cup white vinegar
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes (if desired)
- Whisk BBQ sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl until the sugar dissolves
- Put chicken breast halves in a slow cooker.
- Pour sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on Low for approximately 6 hours.
- Shred the chicken breasts with 2 forks
- Serve on buns
As for dessert my family always liked to pair an ambrosia with BBQ. Here is a quick and easy Pink Ambrosia recipe:
- 1 (8 ounce) can of fruit cocktail
- Mix sweetened condensed milk, whipped topping, and vanilla extract together in a bowl
- Fold cherry pie filling, pineapple, fruit cocktail, coconut, walnuts, and mini-marshmallows into the condensed milk mixture
- Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight
- Mix very well before serving
If you are in need of a new slow cooker to make BBQ chicken (or anything else, for that matter!) then head on over to DealDash. DealDash has a large selection of slow cookers at this link right here. DealDash also has just about anything else that you might need to make your recipes a success. Head on over to DealDash and check out the Kitchen and Dining category, which you can find right here. Good luck and happy bidding everyone!