Winter is just around the corner, and I don’t know about you, but my lips get extra dry in the cold weather. Let’s see what we can do to stop the damage before it even starts.
If you’ve never used a lip scrub before, you’re in for a treat. Lip exfoliation can help remove the dry, dead skin covering the lips, and reveal your soft lips underneath. Lip scrubs are easy, quick, and inexpensive to make. Though it can be slightly addicting once you start, it’s important not to use this scrub to much-our lips are fragile after all. Once a week is more than enough to keep your lips soft and healthy.
- 1 Tbs of sugar – white or brown is OK, I prefer the “Sugar in the Raw” brand
- Approximately 1 Tsp of coconut oil – if this is not enough to make your sugar stick together add more little by little until you have reached your desired consistency.
- 5 drops of vanilla extract
- Mix the sugar with enough coconut oil to get it to stick together
- Add in the vanilla extract, stir
- Once a week rub the scrub onto your lips in small circular motions for about 1 minute
- Let it sit for 1 minute, and then wipe off with a damp washcloth
- Apply a moisturizing lip balm after each use
This recipe can be adapted to fit your own tastes, for example, you could use white sugar and add 1 drop of the food coloring of your choice if you would like to make a pretty scrub to use as a gift. In fact, you could make up a large batch of this, put it in pretty containers from the craft store, tie ribbons around the top, and give them as gifts this holiday season.
This lip scrub should last for a few weeks stored at room temperature, and even longer if you refrigerate it. If you do put it in the fridge, though, make sure you give it a good stir before you use it.
I hope that you will find this article helpful in the upcoming chilly weather. If you enjoy skin care and beauty, DealDash has a wonderful category called Fashion, Health, and Beauty which you will enjoy browsing. Just click this link right here and it will take you to DealDash. Good luck and happy bidding everyone!