Who doesn’t love potato chips? Salty, crispy, potato-y goodness abounds! Unfortunately, traditional potato chips are full of fat, oils, and calories. Here’s a recipe for baked potato chips that is much lighter than the original.
- 2 Russet potatoes
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven – 400 degrees is just right
- Scrub the potatoes completely, rinse, and pat dry. Using an extremely sharp knife, Slice the potatoes very thin (about 1/8″ or thinner.)
- Place potato slices in a large bowl and toss well until coated with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange the seasoned potato slices in a single layer on a cooling rack placed on top of a baking sheet to allow even cooking on both sides of the potato slices. If you don’t have a cooling rack, then line your baking pan with parchment paper, and flip them after 10 minutes. Bake for 18 to 25 minutes until the potato slices are browned and crisp. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. They are best served soon after.
- You may season them again with salt and pepper while they are cooling.
If you would like to try different flavors, here are a few ideas:
Salt and Vinegar – After thinly slicing the potatoes, place them in a large bowl filled with vinegar, and set aside for a least 2 hours. Please note, the longer they soak, the more vinegary the flavor. Drain potato slices and toss with oil and salt.
BBQ – BBQ chips are easy! Just substitute 2 Tbs of BBQ seasoning in place of the pepper when you are seasoning the chips.
These chips are delicious to eat, and fun to make! If you were feeling very industrious, it would be easy to double, triple, or even quadruple the recipe to make a large amount of chips for a party.
This recipe calls for a very sharp knife. If your knives are less than sharp lately, why not get a new knife on DealDash? DealDash has all of the latest knives and cooking accessories. Just check out the Kitchen and Dining category at this link right here and see how much you can save. Good luck and happy bidding!