DealDash Christmas Crafts: A Festive Family Adventure
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! It’s time to do a little holiday crafting – great for kids and adults alike!
Christmas is just around the corner, and it’s the perfect time to gather the family and dive into some delightful Christmas crafts. Today, I’m thrilled to share some of my favorite festive craft ideas that are not only fun but also fantastic for creating those special holiday memories with your little ones. Read on for some awesome family crafts, from DealDash.
Homemade Christmas Ornaments
One of our family’s most cherished Christmas traditions is making homemade ornaments. It’s a wonderful way to add a personal touch to your Christmas tree and a great activity for kids of all ages. Here are a couple of ideas:
- Salt Dough Ornaments: Mix flour, salt, and water to create a simple dough, roll it out, and let your kids cut out shapes with cookie cutters. After baking, they can paint and decorate them. Don’t forget to poke a hole before baking for the ribbon!
- Photo Ornaments: Use cardboard or foam sheets to create frames, and let your kids decorate them with glitter, stickers, or paint. Insert a family photo or their drawings for a personalized touch.
Festive Wreath Making
Wreath making is not just for adults! With some basic supplies like a foam ring, ribbon, and some decorations (think pine cones, bells, and artificial berries), your family can create a unique wreath. Let the kids choose their decorations and help them tie or glue them onto the wreath. It’s a great way to enhance their creative skills and add a festive touch to your home. For more ideas on making wreaths, check out Martha Stewart’s site.
Snow Globe Jars
Snow globes have a magical way of capturing the essence of winter and Christmas. Making your own snow globe jars is surprisingly simple and incredibly fun.
- Mason jars
- Waterproof figurines or ornaments (like mini Christmas trees, reindeer, or Santas)
- Glycerin (available at pharmacies)
- Distilled water
- Strong waterproof glue
- Attach the Figurines: Use the waterproof glue to attach your chosen figurines to the inside of the jar lid. Ensure they are securely fastened.
- Prepare the Water Mixture: Fill the jar almost to the top with distilled water. Add a couple of drops of glycerin – this helps the glitter fall more slowly, creating that dreamy snowfall effect.
- Add Glitter: Sprinkle a generous amount of glitter into the water. You can mix different types for a more varied effect.
- Seal the Jar: Once the glue is dry and the figurines are firmly attached, screw the lid back on the jar tightly. You might want to glue the lid to ensure it’s waterproof.
- Shake and Enjoy: Give the jar a gentle shake, and watch your winter wonderland come to life!
This craft is fantastic for children and adults alike. It’s like capturing a little piece of Christmas magic in a jar!
DealDash Has Items for Craft Storage and More
Craft supplies can end up strewn all over the house if you’re not careful. There’s an easy remedy for that, of course, and that’s to have proper storage for all of your supplies. Depending on the amount of items you need to store, you might be able to get away with just a basket or drawer. However, if you’re like me, you will need something much bigger! On DealDash you will find many different types of storage. No matter if it’s a bookshelf, a set of baskets, or drawers, you can count on finding them on DealDash.
Thanks for Reading
Crafting together as a family is a fantastic way to get into the holiday spirit. Not only does it allow for some quality family time, but it also helps in nurturing creativity and making lasting memories. Whether you choose to make ornaments, a snow globe, or a festive wreath, the joy is in the creation process. Remember, the goal is not perfection but the experience and the memories you create with your family. So, grab your glue sticks, glitter, and imagination, and let the Christmas crafting begin!
I’d love to hear about your family’s crafting adventures, so please feel free to share them in the comments below. Happy crafting and Merry Christmas!
This sponsored DealDash blog article was written by Dawn E, a mother of 3 who loves DealDash. Dawn was compensated for writing this article. Check out Dawn and her cats on Instagram! This blog is written by real DealDash customers. The opinions and advice shared here represent our customers’ views and not those of the company.