DealDash Knows Power Washers
Now that fall is officially here, it’s time to take care of a few cleaning tasks outside before it gets too cold.
Your home is more than just a place to live; it’s an investment. Like any other investment, it requires maintenance to ensure it remains in top condition. One of the most effective and impactful methods to maintain the exterior of your home is power washing. Power washing not only rejuvenates the appearance of your home, making it look brand-new but also offers several other benefits that homeowners might not immediately consider. Additionally, power washing is extremely satisfying to watch. So, use these suggestions from DealDash to begin your foray into power washing.
Why Power Wash?
- Enhances Curb Appeal: Over time, dirt, grime, algae, and mold accumulate on the exterior surfaces of a house. These not only make the house look unkempt but also decrease its value. Power washing gets rid of these stubborn deposits, instantly brightening the home’s appearance.
- Prevents Damage: Neglected build-ups can cause permanent damage to your home. Algae and mold can eat away at your home’s siding if left untreated. Power washing ensures these harmful substances are kept at bay.
- Prepares Surfaces: If you’re planning to repaint or refinish your home, power washing creates the perfect clean surface for the new application, ensuring better adhesion and longevity.
- Health Benefits: Mold, mildew, and dirt can be health hazards. By power washing, you reduce the risk of allergies and improve the overall health environment around your home.
Choosing the Right Power Washer
The process starts with selecting the right equipment. Here are some factors to consider:
- Type of Power Washer: There are two main types – electric and gas-powered. Electric power washers are quieter, lighter, and generally more suited for smaller tasks like cleaning cars or patio furniture. Gas-powered washers are more powerful and ideal for bigger jobs, like cleaning the entire exterior of a home.
- Pressure Rating (PSI): PSI stands for Pounds per Square Inch. This is the amount of pressure the water will have. For most home exteriors, a machine with 2,300 to 3,000 PSI should suffice.
- Gallons Per Minute (GPM): This determines how much water the power washer uses. A higher GPM will clean faster but uses more water.
- Nozzles: Ensure the power washer comes with various nozzle types, which allow for different angles of spray. A broader angle is gentle and great for delicate surfaces, while a narrow angle provides a powerful spray suitable for harder surfaces.
How to Power Wash Your Home
- Safety First: Wear safety goggles and closed shoes. Keep the nozzle moving to prevent damage. Ensure all windows and doors are closed, and be cautious of electrical outlets.
- Start with a Low Setting: It’s always wise to start with a lower pressure and test a small, inconspicuous area. This prevents any unwanted damage.
- Top to Bottom: Begin washing from the top of your house and work your way down. This ensures that dirt and grime wash downward.
- Maintain Distance: Hold the nozzle at least a foot away from the surface and adjust as needed.
- Use Detergents: For stubborn areas, consider using a detergent that’s safe for your power washer. Apply the detergent from the bottom up, let it sit (but not dry), and then rinse from the top down.
- Be Mindful of Plants: If you have plants near your home, wet them first with plain water, making them less likely to absorb harmful detergents.
DealDash Has Power Washers
So, are you ready to power wash your house? I have some great news for you, DealDash has power washers! You will find a few different styles of power washers when you browse the Home, Garden, and Tools category. In addition, you will also find other home improvement items such as a hydraulic log splitter, tool chests, and more.
Thanks for Reading
In conclusion, power washing is an excellent maintenance activity for every homeowner. It’s about aesthetics, preserving the home’s value, and ensuring the safety and health of its occupants. With the right power washer and technique, your house will retain its beauty and integrity for years to come. Be sure to check DealDash when you begin looking for a power washer. You will find them up for bid! Thanks so much for reading, and happy bidding everyone!
This sponsored DealDash blog article was written by Dawn E, a mother of 3 who loves DealDash. Dawn was compensated for writing this article. Check out Dawn and her cats on Instagram! This blog is written by real DealDash customers. The opinions and advice shared here represent our customers’ views and not those of the company.