It is apple picking season here in New England. Here is a fast and simple apple pie recipe that is yummy and quick to make. Read on for more information, from DealDash.
Apple pie is a fall dessert staple. No Thanksgiving is complete without an apple pie, preferably homemade. Personally, I don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen, so I like to make “half homemade” pie. Read on for a delicious recipe for apple pie, from DealDash.
- 1 Box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 7-9 medium apples – peeled and sliced. Make the slices on the thinner side.
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2 TB all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp (just a pinch) ground cloves
- 1 TB lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Place 1 pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom.
- Mix filling ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Ladle your mixture into your crust-lined pie plate.
- Top it off with a second crust, wrapping the excess top crust under the bottom crust edge. Press the edges together to seal.
- Firmly squeeze the edges around the pie, then make a few small slices in the top crust. This will help to vent the pie.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- After the first 20 minutes, cover the outside edge of the crust with 3-inch wide strips of foil. This will prevent too much browning.
- Let cool, then serve.
This apple pie will be the hit of your next family dinner. You can also make extra pies and store them in the freezer and reheat them in the oven for the next get-together.
Get Baking Supplies from DealDash
Making pies takes a variety of items in the kitchen. If you don’t have these things, what kitchen item are you looking for? There are so many excellent items in the Kitchen and Dining category, just click here to check them out. Here are a few great items you might like to bid on for your kitchen:
- Stand mixers. You will find different brands in a variety of colors. If you are ambitious enough to make your own pie crust, you might want one of these.
- Pie server. Using a knife and fork can be very messy to cut and serve pie to guests. You will never have the “ugly first slice” problem with a pie server.
- Baking sheets and Pans. You can never have enough baking sheets, and it’s always nice to have a few extras around.
Thanks for Reading
I hope that you found this article on making an apple pie useful. If you’d like to get a stand mixer or any other kitchen equipment be sure to check DealDash first. DealDash has everything that you need for the kitchen. Just click this link right here and you can go browse the auctions. Thanks and happy bidding everyone!
This sponsored DealDash Reviewed blog article was written by Dawn E. Dawn was compensated for writing this article. This blog is written by real DealDash customers. The opinions and advice shared here represent our customers’ views and not those of the company. Read even more on her own blog, DawnBlogtopus.