DealDash Easy February Home Decluttering Tips
February is an excellent time to declutter your home before spring cleaning begins. Let’s delve into the tips and tricks for decluttering all areas of your home.
As February unfolds, it’s the perfect time for families to breathe new life into their homes. Decluttering transforms your space and rejuvenates your mind and family dynamics. This guide offers practical tips to help you embark on a decluttering journey, ensuring a fresh, organized home that ushers in positivity and harmony. Let’s get started on these excellent suggestions from DealDash.
Simplifying Kids’ Play Areas
Children’s play areas are often a whirlwind of toys and creativity. However, too much clutter can overwhelm both you and your little ones. Here’s how to streamline these spaces:
- Categorize Toys: Group toys by type and use storage bins for easy access and tidy appearance.
- Regular Cleanouts: Involve your kids in a monthly review of their toys, encouraging them to donate items they no longer use.
- Designated Play Zones: Create specific areas for different activities – a reading nook, a craft corner, etc., to maintain order and encourage focused play.
- Incorporate a 1 in, 1 out policy: When your children are asking for a new toy, make sure that they choose an old toy to be handed down or donated. This is an easy way to keep the level of toys to a manageable level.
Decluttering the Family Room
The family room is a communal hub, and keeping it clutter-free enhances its comfort and functionality. Because of this, the family room tends to end up being a “dumping ground” for everyone’s things. A book here, a toy there, and a cup left behind. Use these tips to keep that to a minimum.
- Multi-functional Furniture: Opt for storage furniture like ottomans with compartments or sofas with built-in shelves.
- Daily Declutter Routine: Establish a routine where each family member tidies up their belongings each night.
- Zone Organization: Assign areas for different activities or items, such as a media zone, reading spot, or game storage. If possible, get a shelving unit that has the cloth boxes. You can label them with titles such as “games”, “books”, or “electronics”. Once a week, take each box and distribute the items inside to their rightful place.
Transitioning from winter to spring is an ideal time to declutter your wardrobe. Of course, if you live in a colder climate it might be too early, however, take notes now and implement them in the near future.
- Seasonal Rotation: Pack away winter clothing and assess spring garments for any needed repairs or replacements.
- Donate or Sell: Part with items you haven’t worn in the past year and consider donating or selling them.
- Capsule Wardrobe: Consider creating a capsule wardrobe to reduce clutter and make daily outfit choices easier. FOr more information about creating a capsule wardrobe, check out this article by Who What Wear.
DealDash Has Home Decor and Storage for Every Room
When you begin your decluttering journey, you might find yourself in need of some new shelving and storage options. The great news is that DealDash can help you out with that. No matter if you’re shopping for a desk with drawers, a bookshelf, wall shelving, or other item, DealDash has it all. One of the best things about shopping on DealDash is that you will always get fast, free shipping. This is excellent news if you need any larger item for your house – there’s no need to rent a U-Haul to pick it up, DealDash will ship it!
Thanks for Reading
A decluttered home is more than just aesthetically pleasing; it brings mental clarity, reduces stress, and fosters a more harmonious family environment. As you simplify your spaces this February, you’ll find that decluttering is not just about organizing things, but about creating a serene and inviting atmosphere for your family to thrive in. Don’t forget to check DealDash first before buying any home decor or storage, you’ll be glad you did. Thanks so much for reading, and happy bidding everyone!
This sponsored DealDash blog article was written by Dawn E, a mother of 3 who loves DealDash. Dawn was compensated for writing this article. Check out Dawn and her cats on Instagram! This blog is written by real DealDash customers. The opinions and advice shared here represent our customers’ views and not those of the company.