DealDash First Day of School: Tips for a Smooth Transition
School will begin in just a week or two. Are your kids ready for the first day of school?
It’s that time of year again! The kids are getting ready to go back to school and it’s time for parents to start thinking about ways to help them have a smooth transition. Here are our top tips for making the start of the school year a success:
First Day of School Quick Tips
- Get organized the night before. Make sure your child has everything they need including clothes, backpack, school supplies, etc.
- Talk about what will happen on the first day. Go over the schedule with your child and make sure they know where they’re going and what they’ll be doing.
- Relax and have a positive attitude! The first day of school can be stressful for both parents and kids, but it’s important to stay calm and positive.
- Help your child get into a routine. Wake up early, eat breakfast, and pack their backpack the night before.
- Encourage them to make friends. Talk to them about how they can meet new people and make friends at school.
- Be supportive! This is a big adjustment for kids and they may need some extra reassurance from you. Let them know that you’re there for them and that they can come to you with anything.
First Day of School Jitters
It’s normal for kids to feel some anxiety about the first day of school. This is especially true if your little student is moving up to a different school this year. However, there are a few things that you can do to help them ease their anxiety. Talk to them about their feelings and let them know that it’s normal to feel a little bit nervous. Encourage them to talk to their teacher. A lot of times, just meeting their teacher and getting an idea of what the classroom will be like can help ease some fears.
For more tips to help back-to-school jitters, check out the site We Are Teachers. They have an excellent article with some activities to help calm those nerves.
Reward Your Kids With a Treat From DealDash
Finally, no matter if your kids have a great first day of school – or not, your kid deserves a treat. DealDash has plenty of awesome things for kids of all ages. You will find Lego sets, teddy bears, and even a 3-story dollhouse for your little princess or prince.
Thanks for Reading
Thank you so much for checking out this new DealDash article on the first day of school. We hope these tips help your family have a successful start to the school year! What are your top tips for the new school year? Share in the comments section below! Be sure to visit DealDash and check out all of the great items for kids such as video games and baby dolls. You’ll be glad you did. Have a great day, and happy bidding everyone!
This sponsored DealDash blog article was written by Dawn E, a mother of 3 who loves DealDash. Dawn was compensated for writing this article. Check out Dawn and her cats on Instagram! This blog is written by real DealDash customers. The opinions and advice shared here represent our customers’ views and not those of the company.