DealDash Recipe: Carrot Cake Pops, Yum!
I love carrot cake, do you? Sometimes making a whole cake is just too much, though, why not make carrot cake pops with DealDash?
Cake pops became very popular a few years ago when people realized that they could still eat cake even though they were watching their calories. A person would typically only eat 2-3 cake pops per sitting, which is approximately half of a regular serving of cake. Cake pops can be satisfying even though they are smaller than a regular serving of cake. Not only that, they are the perfect size for children, and kids love them because they are so small and cute.
Carrot cake is one of those things you either love it or hate it – there are few opinions in the middle! One of the great things about carrot cake is you can customize it to your tastes. Some people like it with nuts, raisins, cranberries, or frosting. You can make your carrot cake with all, some, or none of those extra ingredients and it will still taste great. When you put the cuteness of cake pops with the delicious flavor of carrot cake amazing things happen. Here are directions on how to make carrot cake pops, from DealDash.
Making the Cake
The first thing that you need to do is bake the loaf of carrot cake. You don’t need any frosting at this point in time.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Grease bottom and sides of a 13×9-inch pan
- In a large bowl, beat granulated sugar, oil, and eggs with electric mixer on low speed about 30 seconds or so.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and salt
- Beat on low speed 1 minute. Stir in carrots.
- Pour into pan
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Assemble these additional ingredients for the next step:
- ½ cup cream cheese icing
- 1 bag (14 ounces) white or orange chocolate melts
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted (these are optional)
Turn the Cake Into Cake Pops
- Before the cake has cooled down, slice it into slices with a damp knife
- When the cake pieces have cooled enough to handle, use your hands to crumble the cake in a large mixing bowl. Be sure to crumble thoroughly, we don’t want big chunks.
- Add 1/4 cup of icing into the bowl of cake crumbles. Use a wooden spoon to completely incorporate the carrot cake crumbs and cream cheese icing together until you achieve a consistency of dough. You may add more of the icing if you need it. You’re going for the consistency of playdough.
- Stick your bowl of dough mixture in the fridge to cool off for an hour or more.
- Take a Tablespoon and scoop out the dough into little piles onto waxed paper.
- Roll your dough piles into spheres.
- Stick them back in the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
- Melt your chocolate and dip each sphere with a toothpick.
- Now you can add the chopped nuts if you like, or sprinkles, etc.
- Stick them back into the fridge to chill.
- Insert sticks if you want them to be actual “pops”.
Thanks for Reading
Thanks so much for reading this DealDash carrot cake pops recipe. Don’t forget to check back every day for new articles here are well as on our sister blog, DealDash Tips. If you have any requests for specific articles, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Baking items are essential to this carrot cake pops recipe. Check DealDash for all of your kitchen needs and more. DealDash has everything. Visit DealDash now to see how much you can save. Good luck and happy bidding everyone!