Making It a “Steak” Out on DealDash
Most people love a nice, juicy steak. However, when you go to the meat department it can be a little confusing which cut to buy.
Grilling a delicious steak can be a lot of fun, and it always makes a wonderful dinner. However, just picking up whatever cut of meat is on sale and throwing it on the grill probably isn’t the best way to go if you are looking for optimum taste. A lot of cuts of steak look similar, but they are meant to be cooked in different ways. I’ll give you a quick primer below on what you should be thinking about before you make your meat purchase.
- Flat-Iron Steak – The flat-iron is flavorful, tender, and easy to cook. The flat-iron is recommended for people who are inexperienced or a little scared of messing up the steak on the grill. To cook, sear on the grill for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Top Sirloin – The top sirloin is a very popular cut of meat. If you’re looking for the tastiest part of the top sirloin, go for the top sirloin cap. To cook, sear on the grill for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Flank Steak – The flank steak is a large cut of lean meat. Make sure you cut off the silver skin before cooking. To cook, make sure your grill is extremely hot and sear it quickly on both sides.
- Round Steak – The round is made up of the top round, bottom round, eye round, and the sirloin tip. All of these cuts of meat are made differently for various recipes. Many of them make good roast beef—specifically, the sirloin tip and bottom round. London broil is typically made with top round. To cook the London broil simply sear it for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Filet Mignon – The filet is extremely tender and usually the most sought after steak out of all of the cuts that I have mentioned. To cook give it a quick sear on both sides, then let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
To cook these delicious cuts of meat all you need is a grill from DealDash! They have many to choose from, including both the gas and charcoal types. DealDash also has a great selection of grilling accessories. If you need a new grill or accessories, be sure to click this link here and it will take you to see the grilling items. Good luck and happy bidding everyone!