DealDash Makes Applesauce
It’s apple picking season here in New England, and what better use of apples than applesauce?
Now that I have two kids in school I have received a bounty of freshly picked apples – pretty much every kid in school around here goes to apple picking at a local farm for a field trip at this time of year. Eating apples raw is delicious, of course, but it can get a little tiring after a while, and if you’re like myself the last ones in the bag go uneaten and get thrown away. Applesauce is the cure for your uneaten apple problem! It’s easy to make, delicious, and keeps for a while in the fridge after you have made it. It great for adults, kids, and even babies can eat it as well. It’s a wonderful high-fiber food that you can enjoy anytime, from breakfast to dessert. It’s time to learn how to make applesauce.
- 6 (approximately) of pounds Apples
- 1 cup Apple Juice Or Water
- Juice Of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, More Or Less To Taste
- Peel and core Core the apples
- Cut Into slices – 8ths is great
- Combine all ingredients into a large stock pot and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 20-30 minutes.
- You can mash this up with a potato masher for a chunky applesauce or…
- Puree in a blender or food processor until it has reached the applesaucy texture that you desire.
Wasn’t that easy?? This is a great project to do at home with the kids that takes a minimum of time and effort and yields a delicious snack that you can all enjoy together when it’s done. Since this recipe suggests using a food processor or blender, you’ll want to visit DealDash if you need a new one. DealDash has many kitchen items, including blenders and food processors. Visit DealDash today and see how much you can save. Just click this link right here to go to DealDash. Good luck and happy bidding everyone!